Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
This course can be delivered as a 3- or 2- day training or a shorter introductory workshop.
This course is designed to enable participants to understand the key elements in the empirically researched theories and models in the field of emotional intelligence as developed by behavioural science in order to identify and manage emotions in ourselves and others. Participants will learn to assess and develop their knowledge and skills in reading verbal and non-verbal signals in order to build positive and constructive relationships and communication.
By the end of the full course, participants will be able to:
- understand how emotions work and the reliable indicators of the universal human emotions
- recognise “hot triggers” in themselves and others
- be aware of impulses as they arise
- be aware of when they or others are in the grip of an emotion
- develop self-monitoring capabilities
- recognise emotions in others to aid deeper understanding
- use this information to work with others constructively